Monday, August 8, 2011

Leigh and Taren's Anniversary Adventure

Yesterday was our 1st wedding anniversary. I'd been thinking about it for a few months, what we should do. Going away didn't seem to be in the cards. We didn't have the top tier of our cake due to gravity challenges on our wedding day. :-P
So we decided we would just have a fun day together. Leigh woke me up and dragged me out of bed ridiculously early. We got in the elevator and I looked at my phone: 8:30! I was like I should get a reward for getting up this early on a Saturday! But I'm glad we did because it was very nice out.
We drove out to Harrison Hot Springs, neither of us had been there in a really long time. It was so amazing there, I don't remember it being so beautiful! 








After that, we drove back and took a long way home through Fort Langley. We stopped at this little 50s style diner to have a bite to eat. Of course, they had Coke in glass bottles, which Leigh and I love (we always buy them for each other when we see them)


 We also found this amazing little candy shop in Fort Langley. We didn't buy anything because we were full and it would have melted in the car, but they did have all our fave British stuff!

So cute!


This is only 1/4 of the store!

After that, we headed home. After a nice long nap, we went out for dinner to the Keg, which is sort of our go to restaurant for special occasions. It started the night we got engaged. After Leigh proposed, I said "You gave me a diamond ring and I'm so buying you a steak!"

Martini enthusiasm!

Not enthusiastic about having his picture taken.

I like to order random things - iceberg wedge salad, twice baked potato and truffle mac and cheese!

Leigh's steak!

After dinner I was pretty much ready for bed, but we stopped for a coffee and watched Couple's Retreat when we got home.  All in all, it was a fantastic day!

xoxo,
T

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated anniversary! Looks like a perfect way to celebrate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your blog and LOVE your name! ;)
    Taryn
    www.moreskeesplease.com

    ReplyDelete