Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Arianna Update!


What's that? Why was the last update 9 months? Well...if you've ever hung out with a toddler for a period of time, you'll know where they are. Floating somewhere with my ice cold coffee and half eaten breakfast. Besides people get huffy when you talk in months. Miss Arianna is now almost a year and a half!

Weight: 27lbs
Height: Around 32 inches
Clothing Size: 18-24/2T. She is tall but short arms and legs haha!

Words: Mama, Daddy, Layla, Nana, Grandma, Grandma, aunty, uncle, go, book. up (uppy), banana, baba (bottle), leash, keys, food, toast, lunch, walk, chair, avocado,(she says ack-odo haha) fun, potty, home and like a zillion more. Her newest things to say are 'Awesome" and "Hi Mom!" which means she's starting to speak in phrases.

Loves Paw Patrol, she can get on the iPad and get into Netflix by herself and open the episodes.

She's also really into Facetime, she loves to talk to her grandparents on there. A few times I've left her alone with the ipad for half a second and she's actually dialed people on Facetime. Whenever we call Leigh's parents and they're both on the screen, she always tries to swipe left and right so
she can see more of Nana or Grandpa.

She loves being outside, going for walks and to the park. If I say do you want to go for a walk she runs to the closet where we keep our stroller and bangs on it until I get the stroller out.

She's started doing this funny walk where she crouches down and walks.



She loves books just like her Mama! If I say go get me a book she'll grab one and like back up slowly into my lap and then snuggle in to read. The other day she brought me one of my magazines and sat down for me to read it to her.

She loves food but is getting into the picky toddler stage. Sweet potato and avacodo are always a hit. She loves smoothies so I try to cram as many fruits and spinach in as I can. Her favourite thing is white cheddar chipotle popcorn which I break into the tiniest possible peices.

She still has bottles but we are cutting those out after Disneyland. I've been reluctant to let go because I feel like that's the last "baby" thing. But she really doesn't need them anymore. I've put her down for naps and bed without them and she doesn't notice.

I could go on and on about her but that would make this post boring. The truth is, words can't even describe how much I love this girl. She is so funny and entertaining. She's sweet and cuddly which is so nice. A toddler hug makes everything better.

I'm trying to soak up these days because I'm really enjoying them but I know there's some toddler challenges ahead! I think they call this a "sweet spot" of motherhood because it is just that, so sweet.



1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how much they change and their personality develops since 12 months. She's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete