Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Watermelons & Dreaming

It's July and I just bought my first watermelon of the summer. I don't know what took me so long except I did not want to lug it up to my apartment. I needed some watermelon motivation and it came in the form of the Pioneer Woman. If you don't know who she is, go to this website and be prepared to drool. A lot. She posted her newest recipe the other day and I magically located my motivation to make Watermelon Granita.

 
image via the pioneer woman
I decided to make my way over to my favourite place to grocery shop ever, Langley Farm Market in Pitt Meadows. This is like 2 minutes from my house, which is awesome. This is also a really bad picture of it. But I felt all awkward taking pictures of people shopping, what was I supposed to say? "Smile, this is going on my blog!"? So this is what your getting.


I managed to get my watermelon up with no disasters. I also managed to cut it up with no disasters. For those who know me, this is an accomplishment.


I whipped up the granita in like 30 seconds and then started the loooong process of waiting for it to freeze so I could scrape it. While I was waiting, I whipped up a batch of my favourite vegetable soup in the crockpot so I didn't have to cook my lunches for the week and to get tons of veggies in. 

my shadow is ruining this picture!

I actually got really distracted and forgot about the granita until I was lying in bed last night. You know when your lying in bed in the summer and you feel all hot and muggy and you just can't get comfortable. Granita is the perfect solution to that problem! It cooled me down and I fell asleep immediately!

One more thing to wrap up this totally random fruit post: My mom gave me a memory foam topper for our mattress which I've wanted forever and it makes me sleep totally differently than normal. I sleep very deeply and have really real-seeming dreams. Last night, I dreamt that I met Prince William and Kate at a party in LA and he did the most hilarious impression ever of Kate hailing a cab. So random. That is all.  :-P

xoxo,
T

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm watermelon granita. How was it? Also how was the soup?

    Totally rando dream about Wills & Kate. What was she wearing in your dream? I bet it involved a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were both really good!! Oddly enough, I did not notice was Kate was wearing. It's almost like it was like a cardboard cutout of her next to William, I don't recall her speaking lol

    ReplyDelete