Saturday, March 24, 2012

8 weeks till Bikini!

Today marks 8 weeks before the Western Canadians Fitness Competition (Bikini Division). It seems so far away but I know it's not. When I think I've already been doing this for 12 weeks (I started December 31, 2011), it makes it seem easier, although my works out and diet are getting more regimented.
I want to blog about this, but I don't know how to. It doesn't seem to belong on my regular Life of Taren blog, so I've made a new one. I think I want to keep my Life of Taren blog for fun stuff, and this one is the real how I'm feeling about this competition stuff blog.
8 weeks.
To be honest, I am totally happy. I am having so much more fun with this than I thought I would. Watching my body change has been so bizarre but very cool. It hasn't really hit me yet. I've been so busy I haven't quite had a chance to get dressed up and go out. The last time I did was about a month ago.
This is November 2011:

Let me just be honest for a second. From this time period in my life was probably one of the heaviest I'd ever been. I was doing weights and working out fairly often, but I was super stressed and just could not get my eating together. My starting point in January was something like 151.4. I told you, I was being honest. As much as I look at this picture and somewhat wince, I need to be honest with you guys. I know for a fact that so many people feel this way. I knew at this point that I was planning on doing the competition, so I wasn't that worried about my weight. I do wish I had gotten in better shape for my sister's wedding but I still had lots of fun. 

This is me on February 18, 2012.
The mere fact that I'm wearing this dress means that I already felt better about myself. My sister has been trying to talk me into wearing it for ages and I didn't feel comfortable. I felt great this night! I will be posting more recent photos soon, I honestly just haven't even had time to take any!

I've been preparing for this competition for almost a year. Mentally, I started thinking about it, learning about it, preparing myself for what I knew I would be doing. I think this is a huge factor in why I'm doing so well. I still have a long way to go, but from my starting point, I have lost 17 lbs.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I am not doing this just for me. Yes, I want to feel great and accomplish something, but more than that I want to show whoever needs it that YOU can do whatever you set your mind to as well. In the past I have been lazy, crabby, depressed, unmotivated, overweight, not toned. I set out to do something and pulled this amazing disciplined dedicated person out of myself. It's like an out of body experience.

My hope in starting this little side blog is that maybe other newbie competitors will read or maybe someone will be inspired to start their own fitness journey. Or maybe it will just be therapeutic for me. Either way, I'm good with it.

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment