Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pink Shirt Day

Today is Pink Shirt Day, a campaign for Anti-Bullying.



I am one of the many that was bullied as a kid. My high school was a lot like Mean Girls, except a lot less glamorous, and not even remotely funny. One thing I learned from that is to not let people treat you like crap, because no one deserves to get treated like that. Period.

Even though those days are long behind me, and since I don't have kids myself I don't really have to deal with bullying any more  but I want to stay aware of it and not just by wearing a pink shirt. This coffee shop posted this picture on Facebook that I thought was so true.



I strive to be the opposite of a bully. I want to make people smile and laugh. I want to help people. Today I bought my sweet retired personal training client a pug birthday card and a Starbucks gift card just because I thought it would make him feel happy. We should ALL strive to be kind and help each other. There is so many things you can do to be kind to others, and I believe that kindness has a ripple effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment