Thursday, April 4, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It: Yeast Free/Clean Pancakes

 
                                           

Today I am linking up with Stephanie and Katie for Saw It Pinned It Did It!



I posted a few days ago about my "No Sugar in April" challenge. So far it's going great, more on that later. We're also trying to avoid a bunch of other stuff in our house, particularly yeast. So far it's been great but the hardest meal has been breakfast. Leigh is trying to rush out the door and can't stomach oatmeal that early. I knew what he would be able to stomach: Pancakes!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and it links to a site for a company that Stephanie (SPD host) works for! They have a whole yeast free diet and lots of helpful recipes. I found this pin that linked to the site:


A lot of protein pancake recipes don't look appetizing to me, but these did. So I created them for Leigh a few days in a row but never tried them myself until this morning! These don't taste exactly like IHOP pancakes but they are pretty yummy!  I can definitely handle these for breakfast and the best thing is you can make the batter the night before to save time in the morning!

I changed a few things on the recipe based on what I had on hand. View the original recipe here:

Ingredients:

• 1/3 C oat flour
• 1 packet stevia
• ¾ scoop vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 egg
• ¼ C plus 1 T unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Instructions:

1. In a small mixing bowl, stir in all ingredients and mix well.
2. Heat medium-sized pan on medium to high heat. Coat with a thin layer of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
3. Pour mix into pan to make a 4 to 5 inch pancake. (Or your desired size.)
4. When the mixture starts to bubble on top, flip and allow the other side to cook.
5. Cook both sides of the pancake until golden brown.
6. Top with sugar free syrup, natural nut butter or fruit!
7. Serve and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment