Friday, November 29, 2013

Life Lately...

I know, I haven't been posting regularly at all. I've been super busy and haven't really had much to post about...

Last week, we lost my Grandma Sheppard. It's a sad time for the whole family, particularly her kids. We lost my Grandpa over 6 years ago and I think it was really hard for her to go on so long without him.


This is a pic of my Grandma with my Dad (on the left) and my Uncle Bob at Leigh and I's engagement party in 2009.  I have lots of good memories to remember both Grandma and Grandpa Sheppard by, and it comforts me to know they've been reunited.



The service was held yesterday, and they had one of my Grandma's dolls that she made on display. This one is Shirley Temple, who I love. I remember watching the movies over and over when I was younger. I'd forgotten she made this doll. So much talent! 

      ************************


We have a tradition with my Grandma Raisen, starting last year, of putting up her tree for her. This year, Leigh came with me to help. Thank goodness, because that big beautiful tree is complicated.



After the tree was up, Grandma fluffed all her bows up and I put them on the tree. Leigh snapped this pic of us without me knowing.


I forgot to take a pic of it all finished, but I found this one from last year.

In other news, I have already decorated my house for Christmas as well. Like it or not, Christmas is coming early this year. This weekend I have a cookie exchange and American Thanksgiving so I did it last weekend with my mother in law's help. More (and pics) on that later.

The other day, I was at Walmart and found the cutest little Christmas nightshirt. Their PJ stuff is so cheap, I got my mom one too so we're matching :-P
 I wear Christmas PJS right out by the following year, so it was needed for the next month until I get Christmas Eve PJS.



I'm up to my eyeballs in baking stuff at the moment, I've got a cookie exchange to go to tomorrow and Thanksgiving Dinner with the Evans family on Sunday. I promise I'll be blogging more regularly now that it's the Christmas season since you guys know I can't shut up about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment