This weekend I will be baking for a cookie exchange party and I'm going to whip up a batch of my favourite diet staple, Chocolate Protein Bars. I got the recipe from Jamie Eason, who is a fitness star basically. Oxygen model, body builder, swimwear designer...you get the picture. She is gorgeous and fit, probably because she eats chocolate protein bars instead of chocolate Santas.
These are seriously so easy to make! So, here is the recipe for you guys:
Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars
- 1 cup Oat Flour*
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Splenda or Truvia
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8oz Berry Flavoured Baby Food
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 4oz Water
*When I first read oat flour, I went down every aisle in the grocery store looking for it. Don't do that. I don't even know if it actually exists. You can make your own oat flour by putting it in the blender, magic bullet or food processor.
Makes 16 squares, serving size=2 bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
So there you have it. Between the oats and the protein, these babies will keep you full until your next meal and take the edge off so you don't cave for Christmas goodies as easily. Plus they have an awesome cake-ey texture!