Thursday, January 19, 2012

Easy Breakfast: Veggie Quiche Cups!

This is one of my favourite healthy recipes. I find breakfast to be one of the hardest meals because I don't feel like eating in the morning. If I have these ready to go, it's a lot easier! I make a ton at a time because my husband eats them too!

 
Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go
 
Ingredients
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
  • 3/4 cup liquid egg whites or egg substitute
  • 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
  • 1/4 cup diced green and red bell peppers
  • 1/4 cup diced onions
  • 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)

Instructions

Microwave the spinach for 2-1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.  (I always forget to do this)


Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used.

Tips & Bonus Information

77 calories; 3g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 10mg cholesterol; 3g carbohydrate; 9g protein; 2g fiber; 160mg sodium
Yield: 6
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment