Sunday, December 30, 2012

An Amazing Year

This is always one of my favourite posts to write, I love looking back at the year that's passed and remembering highlights.
Last year on New Years Eve I started training. I hadn't been working out regularly, but I knew what the new year would bring. A dream that would finally be realised. And so I hopped on that treadmill and did an hour of cardio, something that I would repeat almost every day and sometimes twice a day for the next 5.5 months. I blogged here to document my training.

a rare mirror pic, I hate doing these but I was feeling fab this day

The first 5 months passed so quickly. I was so busy working 2 jobs, training, prepping my food and attemping to have a life outside training for the competition. I did still get to enjoy life, Saturdays were usually my cheat meal so I could have some fun.

Me on Easter

In February, Leigh started (I helped a little) a DJ business and Evans DJ Services took off like a shot! He has done several weddings over the past year and we hope to make it a successful family business.


Leigh and I moved into an amazing new apartment in April after a lengthy, painful search!



May rolled around and before I knew it, it was competition day.


But first, I had my other dream come true, a fitness photoshoot with my talented friend Carol-Ann.


The summer passed in a whirl of fun events and freedom to do whatever I wanted!





Super fun girls trip to Penticton!



In August due to a random series of events I ended up with my dream job, Personal Trainer!

In September, I got a new nephew, Oliver! My brother and sister in law make some cute babies!



October I celebrated my 28th birthday.


In November, we celebrated our friends Nik and Amanda's wedding! I've been friends with Nik for 12 years. Crazy. Somehow this is the only picture I have of them? This is them leaving the super fun reception.


The rest of November seemed like it would be uneventful... until a twist of fate landed us the cutest, sweetest puppy ever, Layla.

It was an interesting month or so getting accustomed to our new life but we are so happy with our girl!
Before I knew it, Christmas was here.


I had so much fun doing all my favourite Christmassy things, Christmas parties, brunch with the girls, a Christmas play at a local church, wine and cheese night also with the girls, driving around to look at Christmas lights, baking cookies...oh wait. I tried to bake cookies. And then this happened.


Although it certainly wasn't the most fun thing I've done all year, it was a good learning experience. Accidents  happen and always use the right tool for the right job (pretty sure Leigh has said that a million times before). Anyways, I didn't let it put a damper on my Christmas spirit!

We celebrated Christmas with lots of love, family, and friends!


Read about it here and here.

All in all, 2012 was so much better for us than 2011 and I'm so grateful for that. I know it wasn't like that for everyone, so if you didn't have the year you were hoping for, there's a fresh one right around the corner. I've got a good feeling about it.

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment