Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project #4: Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

Some of my projects for the month are going to be recipes. After my competition, I despised chicken. I would rather go to the dentist than eat a plain baked chicken breast like the ones I consumed in ridiculous quantities in my contest prep. So I have been trying to find ways to make chicken less disgusting.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it. There's a million different recipes on there so I have no idea who's orginal idea it was. I have seen it with mayo before the greek yogurt version came out and it didn't interest me then at all. 
I didn't take a pic of this chicken because it was not attractive at all. But it was yummy and moist. My husband said it would be good on top of salad or pasta. I also think I want to try it with bread crumbs to maybe make it crunchy?


Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

Ingredients
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved.
  • 1 cup greek yogurt, non fat
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
  • 1 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder 
Instructions
Mix everything together, spread on top and sides of chicken breasts in a baking dish.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Yay for hating chicken a little bit less today.

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment