Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bump Love {38 Weeks}



Baby is the Size of a Pumpkin!

*This post is officially super, super late. I am now 39 weeks and the baby is now the size of a watermelon. I will try to have my 39 weeks post up before my due date.

*This post could also be titled "Random End of Pregnancy Thoughts"

*I am due in one week, which is also my 30th birthday. I would really, really, like my baby for my birthday. That is all.

*Remember when I said I wasn't going to wear real pants? For some reason I decided to wear my maternity jeans one last time. It was horrible.

*Every time Leigh and I go anywhere, to the store, to a restaurant, out for coffee, I wonder if it's our last outing before we are a party of 3. I have so loved being pregnant, but I am ready for this little girl to join our family. I keep wondering when it's going to happen, where it's going to happen. Will I get to call Leigh at work or will he be with me? Will it be the middle of the night or the middle of the day? Will it progress quickly or be calm and slow?

*I still need to blog about my second baby shower! That post will be coming in a few days, I promise!

*There is a mile long list of things that are supposed to help induce labour naturally. I feel very skeptical about this list. I think you go into labour when the baby is ready and when your body is ready. Which makes me wonder how the body decides, exactly? I picture the baby pulling some kind of escape latch when she's ready to enter the world. The only thing I'm really doing is walking, sitting on an exercise ball and taking "Mother's Cordial" which is a disgusting tincture that I got from my midwife.

*I finally feel like I have everything ready for the baby. Car seat installed, stroller, baby swing, bouncy chair, glider chair, basinette. Everything is all in place, thanks to our amazing family and friends! It's amazing how I started out months and months ago with this long list wondering how I was going to pull it all together but honestly, we were so blessed to have been given and lent a lot of things we needed. Everything is all set up and I just can't wait to put it all to good use!

*My personality is to assume that everything is going to be a challenge and then I'm usually pleasantly surprised and that has totally applied to pregnancy. I researched the different phases and symptoms and everything was totally manageable. HOWEVER, I did not expect that I would have contractions all the time. From 37 weeks on (a whole like 10 days, which feels like a decade) I have had worse and worse contractions every day. They hurt (but are manageable) but they mean NOTHING. I'm not in labour, I don't know when I will be in labour, these contractions are just for fun. Well actually, they're kind of for practice but still. I always thought contractions = labour. Nope. You can be doubled over in the pharmacy and not be able to breathe and still not be in labour.

*Main pregnancy symptoms this week have included dragon lady heartburn, sore back, sore pelvis, tired legs, and oddly a lot of nausea. Definitely feels different than the past 9+ months lately so I'm going to take this as a good sign.

*Everyone is anxiously awaiting me going into labour so I have to be careful that I don't get everyone too excited when it's not happening yet. Anytime I call a friend or family member they sound so hopeful on the other line.

*The baby had dropped even lower yesterday when I woke up, which I didn't think was possible. Also hoping that's a good sign.

*I will leave you now with something happy. This weekend I insisted Leigh take me to Krause Berry Farms for Pumpkin Waffles. So worth it. Here is a picture of a very happy pregnant lady.






1 comment: