Monday, September 16, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding: Top 10 Reasons This Was the Best Wedding Ever

Have you ever had so much to say that it was too much for even a long Facebook post? That's how I feel about my best friend J's wedding this past Saturday. I have sooo much to say even yesterday I couldn't put it into words. I apologize for lack of pictures, but I didn't have my camera with me. Luckily, J hired the best photographer, Carol-Ann Photography, who posted this preview shot on her Facebook page:



This was, hands down, the best, most fun wedding I have ever been to. And here's why:

10. I got to be a bridesmaid, along with another bestie, Nicole, wear a super pretty dress, have my hair and makeup done amazingly.

9. When J walked down the aisle, literally all the bridesmaids were crying. For a wedding that's 8 years in the making, it's hard to keep your shit together. It was definitley an emotional heart-is-so-full moment.

8. Amaazing food. Not just dinner either - candy bar, popcorn, homemade pie, wedding cake - and a freaking poutine bar as a late night snack.

7. The speeches were seriously hilariously awesome. My favourite part: J's new brother in law: I love you so much, J...except when you take all the cranberry sauce at Christmas, that' really pisses me off."



6. There were SO MANY amazingly personalized details. Little chalkboard signs, amazing flowers, and centerpeices, photos everywhere, a handmade thumbprint guestbook canvas made by the groom's father. Also, the wedding music was awesome. The bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "Somebody's Getting Married" by the Muppets, and it was so much fun.


5. The wedding venue was outdoors at a friend's property and it was so amazing. There were white lights everywhere and candle's in mason jars hanging from trees. It had the most magical atmosphere.



4. J's Grandma did 2 tequila shots in a giant group shot. Nuff said. 

3. This was one wedding that did not STOP. It was seriously a non stop party without a dull moment.



2. The bride and her father did the traditional dance...and then the music scratched and they did this amazing montage dance to all these different songs. I had no idea this was happening and stood there with my mouth open, seriously the best thing I have ever seen at a wedding.

And the number 1 reason why this was the best wedding ever...J is the most amazing, selfless, sweet, fun person I know. She is honestly one in a million. I kept thinking watching this amazing day unfold so perfectly...that there is no one who deserves this most perfect day more. Her brand new husband is an awesome guy. He honestly makes her happy, and that makes me so happy.

Love you so much J! Congratulations!





No comments:

Post a Comment