Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cilantro Lime Hummus

I'm one of those people that's always bit late to the party. For instance, I am always the last to catch on to shows that everyone else is watching. I read Tina Fey's book Bossypants two years after it came out, which I seriously regret because I LOVED it. I had sushi for the first time LAST YEAR. As in 2012. In my latest late to the party move, I am now obsessed with hummus. Why is it so good? Why have I not become obsessed earlier? My favourite is roasted garlic with carrots. After buying several containers a week between Leigh and I, I decided to try making my own.

This started a whole new issue. I had no idea what tahini was at the time (ground up sesame seeds, basically) and after a halfhearted attempt at the grocery store with an already full basket (why do I NEVER get a buggy? I always need one) I decided to use a tahini free recipe.


This recipe tasted so summery, I ended up eating it with small crackers instead of carrots. I wanted to have enough for lunches tomorrow but that did not happen, warning it's addicting!

  • 1 cup packed cilantro, stems included
  • 3 crushed garlic cloves
  • Juice of 1 lime or 2 tablespoons
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili paste (no idea what this is either. I used chili powder)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Put it all in a food processor and blend until desired consistency. You can add more olive oil if it needs it. Unless you have a crazy awesome blender, don't use it. I have a pretty great blender and I put everything in and turned it on and nothing happened. It wouldn't blend!

Anyways, hope you enjoy this summery recipe! And if you have a favourite hummus recipe pleeeease send it my way! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a total hummus lover! This sounds amazing for the summer :)

    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete