Sunday, August 4, 2013

4 Things I've Always Wanted

There are some things that a little girl dreams of. Some of them you get over eventually and can't believe you ever wanted, and then some things you just never forget. With Pinterest some of these had been popping up so I thought I would share my little/big girl dreams with you.

Bay window

I have seriously always wanted a bay window. I had this book when I was young and I remember the illustration of a girl looking out her bay window. Ever since I wanted one. Does it not look like the perfect place to curl up with a cup of coffee? I particularly like this one because it's wide enough for my no longer little girl bum.

Treadclimber

Speaking of bums, I've been secretly obsessed with this contraption for about a decade. 10 years ago I was a little chubby and I couldn't handle being on the treadmill for ten minutes without dying of boredom. I was pretty convinced if I had one of these in my house I would never be chubby again. I'm still a little convinced lol. I can't say if I had room for a home gym that I wouldn't want one of these in it. I'm a bit of a sucker for novelty. Leigh once said to me "Before you came along, I always wondered what kind of people would actually order this shit, and now I know." lol

Vanity Set

How I've always dreamed to sit classily in a vanity chair, brushing my hair and expertly applying my makeup. One of my longest little girl fantasies. Flash to reality: Me applying makeup in my bathroom leaning over the toilet, muttering expletives as I poke myself in the eye with my liquid eyeliner wand. A girl can dream, right?

Canopy Bed
Ahh...I've wanted a canopy bed for as long as I can remember. I used to want one of those frilly pink ones and now I've upgraded to a classy version like this one. Although if I had this one, I'd probably de-class it by hanging twinkle lights around the top.

You know, the fact that I've longed for these grown up things for so long doesn't make me sad, it will only make the moment sweeter when I can have my own big girl house and I can buy the things I've dreamed off because of working my butt off. And then I will continue working my butt off on my kick ass treadclimber.


No comments:

Post a Comment