Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall Clothes and States Finds

I know, I know, it's still August, and there's still three weeks left of summer. Whoever decided summer ended for adults when kids go back to school is NOT my friend. I love summer, every last September day of it. I have more things planned to soak it all up.
Buuut...today is all rainy and I'm all cozy wearing my warm slippers, listening to the rain and it put me in the mood to write this post. 

I just cleaned out my closet and got rid of a TON of stuff. It has taken me a long time to get rid of all the "office wear" in my closet. Some things I kept because I thought that I may wear them one day. Yeah, no. Anything remotely office-ey gets donated to people who need it, cause I sure don't. On the downside, my closet was super empty in the "fall/winter" section until now.

I got a few great buys in the States this past weekend:

LC Lauren Conrad Sweater, Kohls
I've wanted cognac coloured boots forever, and although these aren't the exact color I was looking for, I loved them on sight! And then confirmed again at home when I tried on every possible outfit that would go with them.
G by Guess boots
My second ever pair of Converse because they are comfy and cute and half price.
I got some other cute things that I can't find pictures of but they're basics like a cream sweater (super soft) and black off the shoulder top (will never get sick of off the shoulder, ever) so I'll just post them when I wear them.

Everything that I bought looks great with my favourite jeans ever, jeggings from American Eagle. I resisted jeggings for the longest time (as well as leggings) and I was missing out. They look great, they're comfy, and they're perfect with boots! Next time they have a big sale, I'm going to buy them in black because I wear mine allll the time.


I feel like I talk about shopping all the time on here, but the reality is I only shop in the states because I rarely find anything here that I love. My policy for shopping is I can buy whatever I want as long as I really, really love it. I also have adapted my husband's view on shopping: Only buy good quality stuff. I'm glad I listened to him on these babies, which I saved my Christmas money for: 


Since it's raining today, I already wore these this morning, but I'm looking forward to wearing them this fall, especially to the Pumpkin Patch! 


1 comment:

  1. CUTE stuff! I esp love the color of those rain boots. On my fall shopping list this year is brown thigh high boots, and mustard color jeggings.

    ReplyDelete