Friday, August 1, 2014

Bump Love {27 Weeks}

Baby is the size of a Rutabaga (whatever that is!)

nighttime bump picture for a change (definitely not because I had a nap and it was kinda dark when I woke up :-P)

Officially in the 3rd Trimester! Well, technically there is not really a set date when it starts but since I will be 28 weeks on Sunday I think I can safely say I'm there!

Due Date: October 26


Gender: Baby girl!

Maternity Clothes: Clothes are stupid.

Best Moment This Week: Finishing the 13 hour ordeal that was the Gestational Diabetes test with an amazing sandwich at Lunch Doctor. Then finding out I do NOT have gestational diabetes. I had no risk factors other than being over 25 but I'm still relieved nonetheless.

Miss Anything? Being fit. It occurred to me today that it feels like I have a completely different body than 6 months ago. It will be so weird to have a baby and not be pregnant and slowly get back to a new version of my old self.

Sleep: It's on and off. Sometimes I have really good nights and sometimes they suck. We were dog sitting my in-laws dog all last week and he'd stolen Layla's bed so Layla has decided our bed is her bed again. She starts at the end and slowly moves up throughout the night until she's in between us. She's too cute for Leigh and I to have the heart to kick her out so we just keep moving her back down.

Movement: She's moving more and more all the time! It feels like she is getting bigger and stronger. I was telling Leigh that it felt like she was body slamming the wall of my stomach. But I love it. Thankfully it doesn't hurt yet!

Cravings: Wedge salad! and I gave into this craving :-)

Aversions: Not feeling meat this week.

Symptoms: I am soooo slow. It's hard to get up from the couch or bed. Still heartburn hits super randomly, I'm now carrying Tums with me all the time.

Workouts: Oh right, I meant to do that this week. I can tell it's going to take a huge effort to stay active at this point on. It's just not enjoyable anymore but I'm going to keep trying!


Baby Items Purchased: Yes, and I'm so excited about it! I had my eye on one of those baby canopy floaty things for next summer (and I may have already started planning our first family vacation next summer) and when one went on the clearance aisle at Shoppers, I couldn't resist. Cannot wait to put her in her swimsuit and take her to the pool next year! I hope she's a water baby like me! I would also like to note that I have been resisting all of the amazing girl clothes Joe Fresh has at Superstore but I still take pics of everything that's too cute for words. See below.


Mood: I feel a lot more relaxed this week, due to several factors. Schedule is a bit lighter this week and I feel like I'm finally getting things organized.

Loving: Being in (or almost being in) the third trimester! Home stretch!! I also had lots of fun playing with strollers at Babies R Us the other day. I have decided on a lightweight stroller for walks/store/getting in and out of apartment if baby is sleeping so I decided to go check it out and I love it!

Looking Forward To: There is so much I'm looking forward to right now that it feels like I am not staying in the moment. I feel like this last little bit of pregnancy will be over before I know it so I want to enjoy it. But I'm so excited for the next 6 months I'll just say that. :-P




1 comment:

  1. Your bump is so cute! Girl clothes are fun to shop for…love those outfits. Congrats on 3rd trimester!

    ReplyDelete