Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Love Christmasy Activities!

I really don't have a lot to say today, but I'm not skipping a post when I only have a week left.
The past two days have been almost hilariously bad. Of course it's -12 when I'm getting on the Skytrain, which may not be cold for some places but it's freaking cold for Vancouver.

This morning the train takes an extra fifteen minutes to show up and when it does, it's PACKED with people. Then I finally get to work after being smushed in a Skytrain and my hair literally bursts out of it's hair elastic so I had funny hair for the rest of the day. Then there was some problem with the Skytrain on the way home and it took FOREVER to home because it kept stopping for long periods at each stop. Not huge problems in the grand scheme of things obviously but annoying! UGH!!

Anyways, this evening was fun. I went with my mother-in-law (who is just as Christmas crazy as me) to an event at Coquitlam Centre called Unwrapped. I had never been for this event before, although I'd heard about it.


Basically, the mall was closed for regular people but open to those who bought tickets, which were $10 and went to a charity called SHARE. It was actually really fun! We got there super early but there was already a line up, so we just waited inside Starbucks until the lineup had died down. We got drink and food tickets, and there were appetizer/food areas set up all outside the mall and a few wine tasting sections. Many of the stores had specials like 20,30,40 even 50% off the entire store which was awesome, I really didn't think they'd have such good sales! They had some exciting prizes they draw later so maybe I'll win something, who knows?

I think I'll definitely go next year, it really got me feeling the Christmas spirit and I got some good ideas for Christmas gifts. Although next year it would be much better go prepared with a list!

That's all I have for today, hopefully Wednesday is a little more...calm!

xoxo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment