Thursday, November 11, 2010

Skinny Sangria

I hope everyone enjoyed their Remembrance Day in a way that was meaningful to them. 

We got news at the last minute that some of Leigh's family from California were coming up so we spent our extra day with them and had a wonderful time. It feels like Sunday night, which I'm taking as a good sign. I feel very relaxed as if I had a whole weekend off but really tomorrow is Friday! Fantastic.

Leigh and I made a liquor store run for some wine and I grabbed some pre-made sangria since I'm really not a wine drinker. Pre-made sangria is "okay" but nothing beats homemade sangria. I love it so much I drink it all year around!  It gave me the idea for today's post: I'm going to share my favourite sangria recipe with you guys!

                                                                  Skinny Sangria 



You'll need:
  • A bottle of cheap red wine
  • Some Fresco or any other diet lime soda
  • fresh fruit, such as peaches, apples, oranges,lemons or limes
  • some no sugar added juice (My favourites are cranberry or mango-apple)
Get a big pitcher and pour the bottle of red wine in. My pitcher is huge so it only fills about half. Then fill the pitcher 3/4 of the way with Fresca, 3/4 of the way with the juice. Leave some room on top if you can for the fruit. This sangria tastes way better if it's left sitting so make it in the morning if your having a gathering in the evening. 
I plan on making mulled wine sangria for a family gathering later this month, so I will share the recipe for that once I know how it turns out! 
Have a great relaxing evening!


xoxo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment